Welcome to Honeycrisp's class page
Please visit our page regularly to keep up to date with all of the exciting learning we have been doing.
This year Honeycrisp will be taught by myself - Mrs Marsh and Mrs Dickinson, who is our student teacher. We are also very lucky to have Mrs Evans as our TA, along with Mrs Booker and Mrs Cameron as our 1:1 learning supports.
- We will be having P.E on Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays. Children need to wear suitable P.E clothing and footwear, for outdoor sessions, to school on Mondays and Fridays. We will stay in our school uniform for our Thursday sessions.
- A named water bottle, filled with water, to be in school everyday. We have access to drinking water in the classroom and will re-fill bottles when required.
- No toys from home to be brought into school.
Reading is very important and as a school we promote a high standard at all times. Please help your child reach their potential by hearing them read every day. You may find the following sequence helpful:
- Discuss the front cover, the title and what the book might be about.
- Look at the pictures and encourage your child to read the words. They may not know them all but always praise them for having a go.
- At the end of the reading time, ask your child to tell you what has happened in the book so far.
- Ask them some questions about their reading or get them to make up a question to ask you.
- Then make a note/sign in their reading records.
- Children will change their own reading books once they have read them with an adult, so don't be surprised if they bring the same book home more than once.
I have included the link below which gives a selection of age appropriate books that your child may enjoy reading.
Term 1 - Location, Location, Location
Our first text this term is Rosie's Walk. Rosie is a chicken who enjoys walking around the farmyard. We have made our own chickens using a variety of resources and techniques.
We have been exploring the programmable toys - Beebots. We had to work out how to make our Beebots move forwards, backwards and turn in a circle. It was lots of fun and very noisy!
Congratulations to Finley for being awarded 'Player of the Week' at judo this week. We enjoyed seeing your trophy.
We have been learning to work with our partners in Maths. We have been acting out addition maths stories and counting our cups carefully.