Currently, Miss Hopkins is going through the Level 3 Forest School Leader training.
Our on-site provision has been fenced and we aim for the school year 2018-19 to be the first full year of this fantastic resource being available to all of our pupils. Watch this space!
Forest School Principles
"Forest School is an inspirational process, that offers ALL learners regular opportunities to achieve, develop confidence and self-esteem, through hands on learning experiences in a local woodland or natural environment with trees"
Forest School is a specialised approach that sits within and compliments the wider context of outdoor and woodland learning.
1. Forest School is a long term process with frequent and regular sessions in a local natural space, not
a one- off visit. Planning, adaption. observations and reviewing are integral elements.
2. Forest School takes place in a woodland or natural wooded environment to support the development
of a relationship between the learner and natural world.
3. Forest School aims to promote the holistic development of all those involved, fostering resilient, confident independent and creative learners.
4. Forest School offers learners the opportunity to take supported risks appropriate to the environment and themselves.
5. Forest School is run by qualified Forest School Practitioners who continuously develop their professional practice.
6. Forest School uses a range of learner centred processes to create a community for development
The principles and ethos were arrived at after consultation with Forest School Community, Forest School Institute for outdoor Learning Special Interest Group, the Forest School GB Trainers and Forest School NGB working group in 2011 and published 2012.